Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
One of my biggest pre-season concerns that I had almost forgotten.
(01-07-2022, 03:00 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote:  Let's hope he's not the next Andrew Luck, who was sacked out of the league after only 174 sacks and also only 18 in his final season.

Andrew Luck was never really sacked a lot.  He was injury prone.  His career sack percentage of 5.0% would actually be top ten best in the league this year.  He was never sacked more than 41 times in a season.

Meanwhile in 8 years from 2013 to 2020 Russell Wilson was never once sacked LESS THAN 41 times.  He averaged over 45 sacks per year, but never missed a single game with injury, posted a 101.8 passer rating, and averaged 11 wins per season.

Do we need to improve our pass blocking?  Yes.  Is it an end-of-the-world death sentence for Burrow if we don't? No.

Burrow will always have high sack numbers because of how long he holds onto the ball, but last year he was taking a lot of sacks despite just dinking and dunking short passes.  This year he is getting sacked a lot but he has more time to make plays.  Last year we were dead last in converting 3rd and long (6+yds).  This year we are 8th.  Last year Burrow was 28th in yards per completion.  This year he is #1 in the league.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One of my biggest pre-season concerns that I had almost forgotten. - fredtoast - 01-07-2022, 10:31 AM