Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
One of my biggest pre-season concerns that I had almost forgotten.
(01-07-2022, 02:55 AM)J24 Wrote: 1.) You need both pressure and coverage to get sacks. It's not a one or the other situation.

2.) We signed Rief in free agency, resigned Spain, and drafted 3 players on the Offensive line in 2022. To say we ignored the Offensive Line is a bit ridiculous.

3.) You need to have a 8-9 man rotation on the defensive line to be good. So adding a guy like Oassi should be a very good thing for the us in the future.

1) I'm fully aware of that. I pointed out that they had pressure last year, but no coverage.

2) "To say we ignored the Offensive Line is a bit ridiculous." Totally ridiculous. Especially since I didn't say that. This was touted as the deepest O-line draft in years, possible starters into round 4 . . . they walked away with Jackson Carman, who's been an on field headache that showed up out of shape, a developmental T that has barely seen the field and a Center who has looked like the old NFL Europe level at best. Keep in mind, the franchise was in rehab with a shredded knee when they made these decisions. I always expect them to miss on a few picks, which is why I wanted them to treat O-line like they treated LB in the 2020 draft. I think they killed it in that draft. A total of 2 starting positions in a perennially weak position that they already have a veteran to start in Bynes along with 2nd year LB Pratt? Well, then. Draft 3 of them MFers and make sure they were all team captains in college.

I certainly didn't want them to go all 2021 Anaheim Angels and draft all O-line(ALL 20 Angels draft picks were pitchers), I just wanted them to pile up good camp bodies and let the cream rise to the top. Drafting 1 of your first 5 picks for your weakest position group after failing in FA is not a recipe for success.

3) Sorry, but that's just stating the obvious. It doesn't sound like it, but I actually look forward to seeing him next year. My main problem is, that they had a ton of FA additions on defense and still chose to make 3 of their first 5 picks defense, 2, of which, Ossai and Shelvin, only contributed a handful of snaps. And in those limited snaps, Shelvin had zero push and looked like an out of shape fat kid with no technique that finally met the first person in his life that's stronger than him. Very disappointed in his effort.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One of my biggest pre-season concerns that I had almost forgotten. - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 01-07-2022, 02:25 PM