Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Beyond the Wildcard Round ...
(01-08-2022, 11:57 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I know, I know... We haven't won a playoff game in thirty years. Why look beyond the WC round?  Well, because it's fun and life's about having fun. lol

If you guys wouldn't mind , I'd love you to look ahead with me with these playoff scenarios and into a potential second round game and beyond for our Bengals.  With Denver fumbling away their game late against the Chiefs today, we know that we will be, at best, the #2 seed and , at worst, the #4 seed.  If we are the #4 , then , barring anything other than chalk, we would be headed to Arrowhead for the divisional round. That's a scenario I hope we can avoid. I think that would be a very tough road to victory.  Even if we win at Cleveland and secure the #3 seed, we could still see Arrowhead in the divisional round if Tennessee takes care of the Texans tomorrow and gets the top seed, with KC becoming the #2.

The way to keep from seeing KC in round two , we need either  Bengals win=> Titans loss (if chalk in first round, we would host Titans in round 2)  or   Bengals loss => Titans win ( if chalk in first round, we would visit Tennessee in round two). The other two scenarios ( either Bengals win=> Titans win  OR  Bengals loss=> Titans loss) would send us to KC .

Obviously, upsets in the WC round could change things altogether since the top seed hosts the lowest remaining seed in the divisional round.    I would love to get that #2 seed, guaranteeing us a divisional round home game. Short of that, I think our best hope is to avoid Thom Brennaman's favorite city in round two.

Of course , most importantly,  win that first game!!!!

What do you hope happens as we look to the WC AND BEYOND ???

If the Bengals end up being 4 and the Titans stay 1 and the favorites win in WC weekend, the Bengals would travel to Tennessee.

1 v 4
2 v 3

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beyond the Wildcard Round ... - rfaulk34 - 01-09-2022, 12:00 AM
RE: Beyond the Wildcard Round ... - kevin - 01-09-2022, 06:04 AM