Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last week's Divisional Games
(01-08-2022, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The schedule is designed perfectly, despite most questions being answered last week there are some that remain.

Who is the $1 seed in the AFC
Who wins the AFC East and hosts a playoff game
Who of the Chargers, Raiders, Colts, Steelers, Ravens make the playoff

That my friend is ridiculous.

The NFL started scheduling divisional games in 2010. Are you telling me before the scheduling change that in the history of the NFL it was wrong??

1. You don't need a divisional schedule to determine the $1 seed in the AFC, similarly the Packers did not need to play their rival Detroit the last week for the $1 seed in the NFC. Since the history of the NFL $1 and $2 seeds were not determined because of the last week's divisional scheduled game. 

2. You don't need a divisional scheduled game to find an AFC East winner. Just like you did not need a divisional scheduled game to find an AFC North winner!!!!

3. This is another ridiculous statement. Of course, the last week of any schedule will determine the last teams to make the playoffs!!!

You have no idea, what the issue is. The issue is not playing scheduled games the last week of the season, but not having the same boring last week interdivisional games season after season. Out of all the weeks of the scheduled games, the worst week of any season is the last week. The week of Thanksgiving has to be a close second with the boring Dallas and Detroit games year after year. 

As I mentioned in an earlier post, it is not only the interdivisional games, but what time they are playing. 

" But it is not only the divisional games only that suck, but it is the scheduling of these games. Outside of the Saturday and Sunday night games, the NFL purposedly plays all teams in the same division play at the same time. So if I wanted to see the  Ravens v Steelers game I can't, because they purposedly play at the same time 1:00 EST. So at 4:00 EST, I am done with the NFL and go watch paint dry rather to see the 4:00 games. 

Seriously, even if you like this BS schedule, why play the Colts v Jags at the same time with the Steelers v Ravens???

Wouldn't be better to play the Colts v Jags at 4:00 EST, where the winner of the 1:00 EST Steelers v Ravens fans can then watch the Colts V Jags in suspense???

I understand if the Colts game was at 1:00 and the Ravens v Steelers game was at 4:00. If the Colts won at 1:00, then no one would watch the boring Ravens v Steelers game because all the backups would be playing. Similarly, this Sunday between the Browns and Bengals, where it is a glorified preseason game. "

So, it's not just the interdivisional games, but the NFL purposedly schedules games where they think you will love all their games. You will love all the 1:00EST games as well as the 4:00EST games and their stupid Sunday night game where an entire alternate conference could care less  Yawn
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last week's Divisional Games - bfine32 - 01-08-2022, 01:43 PM
RE: Last week's Divisional Games - BengalYankee - 01-09-2022, 03:15 AM