Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Raiders at Bengals Play-Off Game Predictions
(01-10-2022, 11:26 AM)3wt Wrote: I do tend to be a pessimist, though I believe I'm less pessimistic than realistic.

Raiders looked very good last night.  Better than the team we barely beat.

Our offensive line is decimated - and not particularly strong in the first place.

But there was no way I thought we could match up with the Chiefs.  And our awesome leader, his amazing wide receivers and the fire in the belly I see with Uzomah and other players (including Daniels who was definitely ready for prime time yesterday) gives me a lot of hope.

So put all those factors together and I'll go with the Bengals pulling this out 28 - 27.

That's my gut prediction versus my realistic one.

Can't wait to see them play this!

Did you watch the game last night or just look at the stats? Because, watching the game, I actually came away thinking the Raiders looked really bad. They got a ton of really, really important penalties that extended drives and several of them were penalties that were either total flops (The DPI in the end zone) or really ticky tacky/inconsequential (Owosu's "Defensive holding" which was really just chipping Renfrow off the line, which changed a 3rd and goal miss into a 1st and goal and eventual touchdown, ineligible man downfield negated a huge gain for the Chargers in overtime). Their first touchdown was due to the Chargers' punt returner being a fool and their touchdown before the half relied on a fluky as shit third and 23 conversion from an HB draw (the Chargers D in shambles on that one) AND the uncatchable DPI. Carr also missed at least 4 open deep passes/high value 3rd down conversion passes that would have made their lives much easier. Their defense gave up 15 points in the final 8 minutes, allowed 5 or 6 4th down conversions in a row to allow the tie and couldn't get Herbert on the ground at all in that final quarter and OT period. They also had some really lucky turnover situations. Carr was stripped in the 4th quarter and a Charger (#93) fell on it, only for a Raider to somehow snatch it right out of the #93's hands. Plus, the Chargers went for it on 4th and 1 from their own 18 yard line and didn't make it, but the Raiders could only get a FG out of it. #39 of the Raiders also got away with, at least, 2 DPIs in the end zone.

I was more afraid of the Raiders before I watched that game because they just looked like they fell ass backwards into a win rather than earning it. But, hey, a win is a win. Hopefully, their luck runs out against us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raiders at Bengals Play-Off Game Predictions - CJD - 01-10-2022, 11:55 AM
RE: Raiders at Bengals Play-Off Game Predictions - Nepanyrush - 01-12-2022, 11:47 PM