Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I crazy for wanting the 4th seed?
(01-10-2022, 02:54 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: This is now a case of hindsight, but no OP I dont think you were mad.

Once the Chiefs won, we could only be the 2nd, 3rd or 4th seed. Of course, there's some implication between those spots as to how many home games you may play in the playoffs. Every chance the #2 seed stays at home the entire way to the SB. 4th seed very unlikely to play more than 1 home game, so a big difference.

For me, it's the position the Bengals are coming from. Longest playoff win drought in the league, so the focus (for us fans at least) has to be to get that off our back. Pittsburgh are probably a worse team than Oakland, but a team that knows us and regularly beats us (not this season of course). Oakland is a far more 'neutral' game and I think that fares a little better. I also don't think there's really a lot in the difference in quality between the Raiders and Steelers.

This is also Derek Carr's first playoff game. I'm sure he'll handle it fine, but on paper that's preferable to playing playoff veteran Roethlisberger, even in his current state. The Steelers as an organisation know the playoffs inside out as well, but the Raiders have no recent good playoff history.

If we'd have been #2 or #3, we'd have had the Steelers or Patriots. Neither is what they were 5 years ago, but both still have head coaches with big playoff experience, and are organisations who are successful in them. That does count for something. The Raiders do not have that whatsoever.

If we can win one, I'll still be disappointed if we lose in the next round. But there is a HUGE difference between Burrow breaking the curse early in his time here, and us continuing to extend our streak.

I'm not saying we definitely beat the Raiders. They'll be very glad they get us too. But it's our best shot, I'm confident in that belief.

Nothing against you friend,

But I see many and I mean many people keep stating Oakland instead of Las Vegas.

It's ok, the Commitment to Excellence, the Just Win Baby team will always be Oakland to me, not Los Angeles, not Las Vegas.

If I weren't a Bengal fan, I'd root for the Nation.

[Image: RaiderNation.jpg?width=450&height=278&crop=fill]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Am I crazy for wanting the 4th seed? - CJD - 01-04-2022, 03:19 PM
RE: Am I crazy for wanting the 4th seed? - BengalYankee - 01-10-2022, 04:23 PM