Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Madden's Raiders vs Bengals 1976
(01-10-2022, 04:33 PM)tms Wrote: You're using the exception to prove the rule. And don't be so insecure. You're a grown man. People are just talking here. 

One of the main reasons why the NFL went to a policy I can't stand was the "last weeks division games" because according to the Commissioner not me was because teams that were already seeded in the playoffs were resting their starters aka Bengals v Browns. He felt teams would play harder against their rival division foes. That is not necessarily true as Bill did not go hard against Miami. And both Patriot tanks were not the exception. I can't help it if you have no memory, I am not going to point out each time a team tanked for your benefit and I am not trying to be mean or insecure. In my line of work I deal with facts and evidence and when someone calls me out here or in life I respond.

I created a thread about John Madden going all out in a game in which he did not have to do because his team was all already seeded. Which I can say good for him. I don't hate the Raiders or Madden, in fact I always rooted for the Raiders against the Steelers. A team Madden aided enter the playoffs by beating the Bengals.

Now a scenario off the top of my head because I can't stop laughing. In 2007, the Cleveland Browns were 10 - 6, their last lost in week 16 of 17 was against the Bengals. Prior to that game they were 9 - 5, again they lost to the Bengals lost the option to control their own destiny became 9 - 6 and they played the 49ers their last week which they won. Now the only team that was holding them back were the Titans who had the tie-breaker over the Browns. But the Titans had to beat the Colts at Indy on the Sunday Night game of the week. All Browns fans all over the globe were watching this game as the Colts who were 13-2 were favored. Haha for Brown fans. The Colts starters only played 3 series and produced 3 points before the back ups came in. That included Peyton Manning.

Result Titans win, Browns out.

Again, this has occurred many times. Please don't play revisionist history and tell me about an exception. Oh and that coach for Indy was HOF coach Tony Dungy.

[Image: R.ffa15365f50492863d24ad118ce376b4?rik=a...ImgRaw&r=0]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Madden's Raiders vs Bengals 1976 - BengalYankee - 01-10-2022, 06:41 PM