Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer: Facing Bengals "not just another game"
(11-22-2015, 04:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think the fact that we had to of the biggest "me first" players in the league hurt the team.  The TV show itself did not hurt the team.  It was just a symbol of the problems with Chad and TO.

Now let me ask you something.  Do you really think that Chad and TO had reformed and were no longer the same guys they were before?  Remember that Marvin benched Chad late in '08 for disciplinary reasons.  That kind of attitude from guys who are supposed to be the biggest stars of the team hurts the entire team.

1. I think TO actually earned the cancer label previously and Chad was never even in the same stratosphere.

2. I think it's unfair to lump a player who did FAR more positive than negative for this team in with TO who was only here for one season. 

3. I think TO had a relatively good season here behavior-wise. He had a few lapses that got worse as he realized the team wouldn't be competitive. Do I think he was the reason we were losing though? Nope. The defense fell off, and Benson had a terrible year.

4. You keep bringing up Chad's 2008 season. How about 2009? Fact is, Chad did nothing wrong in any year other than 2008. The only thing people can point to from 2009-10 is the TV show, which you've agreed was not a problem.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palmer: Facing Bengals "not just another game" - Shake n Blake - 11-22-2015, 04:28 PM