Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Threads from the Enemy, wild card playoffs: Raiders
(01-11-2022, 04:36 PM)NTS_Raider Wrote: Hey fellas, Raider fan from the the other board heading into Cincy for the game. I have zero expectations for the outcome, but will relish every moment of being there. It's not often the Raiders are in the playoffs, after all.

I've got two questions, one football related and the other not.

I'm somewhat ignorant to your defense. The standard media coverage is all Burrow, Chase, and Mixon. How do you feel about your defense? Who is your best player, your worst?

Non football related: Any go-to recommendations for the downtown area? Food, drinks, etc? I don't have a lot of time to sight see and want to make sure it counts.

I'd be happy to return the favor and answer any questions about my team, board, or the wacky posters you're seeing over there. Good luck to you guys, I hope both our squads give us a competitive, entertaining, and injury free game.

The defense isn't either great or terrible...it ranks near the middle of the pack in points and yards allowed, with the yards allowed coming more frequently from the pass than the run. The defensive line is pretty damned good, and the secondary is maybe average to a bit above average. The linebacking corps is probably the weakness on the defense here. Waller should have a good game, and Jacobs might struggle. 

There are plenty of restaurants downtown. Oddly, they get better as you get away from the stadiums. If you want to go really close to the stadium, the Morelein Lager House down there is nice. Taste of Belgium is generally pretty solid. If you jump on the streetcar and head into the downtown or OTR areas, you'll find more food options. Plenty of booze and beer options as well, if you're looking for that. If you want to try our regional food, Cincinnati is famous for Cincy style chili....not chili in the traditional sense, but delicious nonetheless. Outsiders are 50/50 on it....you'll either love or hate it. 

You're kind of limited on things to do in January because the weather blows, but Cincy has some badass museums if you're in town for longer than just the game. They're worth checking out. If the weather ends up being nicer than forecasted, the area between the Bengals and Reds stadium is a lot of fun. 

I'll echo the "competitive, entertaining, and injury free game", while also adding that I hope you lose. Enjoy your time here. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads from the Enemy, wild card playoffs: Raiders - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-11-2022, 05:32 PM