Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com - Bengals biggest offseason needs
Quote:According to https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-order-2021-nfl-regular-season, the Bengals' needs to address via FA/draft this offseason are:
S
OL
LB

I don't want to pretend I know anything about building an NFL team, so I'm prefacing my remarks are based on watching the team and reading about the draft through posts here and random internet articles.

S- I was surprised to see this ranked first, but I suppose after Bell/Bates there aren't any players on the roster to get excited about? I wonder what the FA market looks like for the Safety position other than Bates?

OL - This feels obvious from a fan's lens, but I speculate the Bengals might think, "We already drafted Carman and have other guys on the roster we like." Maybe the Bengals don't see the position group as a draft priority? If they resign Span & recognize Jonah, Carman, Adeniji have another year of experience, Duke and Zac might be content? I hope not.

LB - I think the Bengals need a big play type of guy to take the defense to an elite level. A Von Miller in his prime would make this defense scary good. I don't think they need to draft LB'ers that have talent similar to what is already on the roster. Maybe that is where the LB need view came from, get a big time player?

Since we'll be drafting in the 20+ range, I think Duke and Zac have to identify positions they want to upgrade but then adapt to the flow of the draft and take the best player available. They shouldn't narrow in on a position and pass on a better talent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com - Bengals biggest offseason needs - TecmoBengals - 01-12-2022, 10:28 AM