Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals' Superbowl "Path of Least Resistance" ... You Choose!
(01-11-2022, 11:27 PM)jason Wrote: I'ma wait til we get this one on Saturday to worry about the path... It's funny; there is a confidence in our fan base not seen in some time... Yet at the same time there is a hope that team x loses to team y so we have an easier path.

It's probably the most confident we've been since the playoff game against the Chargers following the 2013 season. There are a lot of other eerie similarities, too. As for paradox of hoping to get certain potentially easier matchups, I think that's just a natural way of looking at things at this time of year. You can't convince me that Packers fans wouldn't rather see the Eagles than the Bucs.

Ultimately, do I care about whether they get the easiest possible path? No. Would I take it? Unapologetically, yes. What surprises me is that so many would prefer to go play on the road in the AFC Championship rather than get the Patriots at home. If they're good enough survive the first 2 playoff games to get there, not even Belicheck would scare me in The Jungle. Give these fans what they deserve.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals' Superbowl "Path of Least Resistance" ... You Choose! - 34inXXIII - 01-12-2022, 07:48 PM