Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Not having Reiff at RT isn't being talked about enough
(01-12-2022, 05:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah but 61% loss rate?  It would take a serious effort to do worse.

Crosby had zero sacks, zero hurries, zero tipped passes, and 1 QB hit.

If you are familiar with win rate you will know that 61% is insanely high.  It is based on GPS trackers on the players.  If a rusher gets closer to the QB than the blocker within 2.5 seconds then he "wins".   I kind of like the stat because it seems to be based on clear objective data.  But like every other stat I am sure it is not 100% accurate in measuring exactly what it is supposed to measure.  And something caused it to not work properly that day.  Because it just does not seem possible that he was completely dominating Reiff and still had almost zero production.  Maybe it was some weird scheme where Reiff would intentionally slide off Crosby and pass him off to another blocker.

But Burrow did see a lot of pressure that day and had one of his worst games this year (149 yds on 29 attempts with 3 sacks for minus 19 yards).  130 yards on 32 pass plays.  Plus he was sacked a 4th time, but it was wiped out by a defensive penalty.

In a way I am hesitant to even try and look back at that game 7 weeks ago.  This team looks a lot different from what it did just a few weeks ago.  And we have been so up-and-down it is not very accurate to just look at any one game.  The exact same defense could hold Derek Carr to 215 yds and 1 td and let Mike White go off for 405 yds and 3 td.

I think both Burrow and Carr are going to have bigger games than they did in the previous meeting.

But we should win this game and I think that we will.  We have the better team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not having Reiff at RT isn't being talked about enough - fredtoast - 01-12-2022, 11:49 PM