Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Our belief in him comes from his belief in us'
(01-13-2022, 09:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is exactly right. For the last two years I got barraged for supporting Zac with his horrible record. But I could listen to his vision, and see that he was working toward that with the players he drafted and brought in. He told us his plan from the beginning. His players love and respect him, and I think he feels the same way about them. I don't get the feeling there is even one player on the roster who is mailing it in to get a paycheck. No more taking plays off. No more divas. No more back biting when a play goes wrong. No more locker room distractions.  Players performing their roles, whether that be holding a run lane instead of going for a sack or making a downfield block instead of catching the ball, and then celebrating their teammates making the play instead of worrying about their own stats. This team is the very definition of a team. 

For me, it was some of that, but I actually saw glimpses of some good things when the line actually held long enough to let things develop on offense. I know it was far and few between, but you could see the potential if you quit hating long enough to look. I wasn't as ardent a supporter as you, but I wasn't ready to throw the baby out with the bath water either. I also liked the draft picks from day one (although some where questions) and FA additions that they brought on in year two. So, I could see his vision, and I could see what they wanted to do on both sides of the ball, but I understood the talent wasn't there yet...and what talent we had leftover was old and didn't....or wouldn't....fit what they wanted to do. I wasn't sold that his vision would necessarily work, but you could see it. So, once they got some pieces, I wanted to see how the club did. Well, here we are. I've gone from being lukewarm on him, to wanting a two year extension.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Our belief in him comes from his belief in us' - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-13-2022, 11:23 AM
That's our Coach - jj22 - 01-13-2022, 10:58 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-13-2022, 11:04 AM
RE: That's our Coach - JaggedJimmyJay - 01-13-2022, 11:29 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Cosmokramer - 01-13-2022, 11:42 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-13-2022, 11:49 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-13-2022, 11:49 AM
RE: That's our Coach - grampahol - 01-13-2022, 11:52 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Go Cards - 01-13-2022, 12:06 PM
RE: That's our Coach - sandwedge - 01-13-2022, 12:23 PM