Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Our belief in him comes from his belief in us'
(01-13-2022, 10:00 AM)jason Wrote: A lot of us have done that. The first 2 weeks of the season I was still personally calling for Zac's head. I admire those who had a steadfast belief in him despite all evidence to the contrary. This team was really bad for 2 years, pretty bad for one year, and the definition of meh for 2 years prior to that. All of that followed the 2015 season which was the last time it seems we had a shot.

As this season rolled along, and the wins kept stacking, I had to choice but to reverse my stance on Taylor. It would seem foolish to cling to the idea that he's in over his head. If you don't change your opinion after receiving new evidence, then you (me) are the fool.

I got that criticism and see how others could think that, but the reality (and one I clung to steadfastly) is that he was NEVER in over his head. People who use that line, especially when they have 0 experience of the sort in the field they are commenting on, 99.9% of the time are talking shit, emotionally. Period.

The guy played at 3 different colleges (at a time before transferring was as rampant as it is now, due to the rules), under a myriad of coaches and coaching styles, then went to the CFL and was coached by Doug Berry, a long time offensive mind in the CFL (3 decades in the league), then learned under Sherman at Texas A&M.

Following that, he got experience under Philbin (including calling plays), Tuberville at college and then McVay with the Rams.

For someone who was 36 at the time of the hire, he had been super well-travelled, in different leagues, at different levels, always working with long-time, respected offensive minds and did everything from playing, to graduate assistant, to QB coach, WR coach and OC. The only offensive positions he didn't coach were OL and RBs.

I realise that a ton of coaches are just as well-travelled and experienced at that age, but clearly his vision and ideas meshed perfectly with what the Browns/Blackburns were looking for and things are finally coming to fruition.

I never once thought or even considered that he was in over his head and I have no clout anyways, as I have never coached football at any level. But you need to stay the course sometimes, especially if there is 0 dissention in the ranks or any funny stuff that goes on (both of which, have never happened under Taylor).

Hopefully, we continue to progress.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Our belief in him comes from his belief in us' - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-13-2022, 12:09 PM
That's our Coach - jj22 - 01-13-2022, 10:58 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-13-2022, 11:04 AM
RE: That's our Coach - JaggedJimmyJay - 01-13-2022, 11:29 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Cosmokramer - 01-13-2022, 11:42 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-13-2022, 11:49 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-13-2022, 11:49 AM
RE: That's our Coach - grampahol - 01-13-2022, 11:52 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Go Cards - 01-13-2022, 12:06 PM
RE: That's our Coach - sandwedge - 01-13-2022, 12:23 PM