Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Our belief in him comes from his belief in us'
(01-13-2022, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Anyone else even turning around on Zac as playcaller? Prior to this season, I was willing to give him a chance as strictly a HC but find a replacement playcaller on offense.

Now, it's hard to deny how great our offense has turned around. Sure, there's the Burrow and Chase factors, but they don't create the playbook. They don't create the gameplan (though I'm sure they have input), and while Burrow audibles, I'm sure they're running mostly the plays that Zac calls.

I mean, I won't be upset if Zac says he's going to turn all playcalling over to Callahan or whomever replaces Callahan if he gets a HC gig, but I'm finding myself fine with Zac calling plays if the offense remains this explosive.

I was never for/against him as a playcaller and still aren't; It's not in my control and I have 0 bearing on the result, so why even get up in arms or be all love-eyed? Just accept that he's the playcaller and hope for the best; these guys have been put in place for a reason and they should be entrusted to make the best decisions, as they not only know more than any of us ever will combined, but also they know the team, context and nuance better than any of us ever will.

People who disagree with draft picks, play calls, etc., only disagree because it isn't what THEY would choose, not because it is inherently right or wrong. The only way it can be judged as right or wrong is if things are successful: IE, if the team loses the game because of not converting on 3rd down, not accruing enough yards and turnovers, then yes, you can look to the play-calling as a reason.

But us winning against teams this year on offense, Zac was STILL flayed alive for play-calling; but if we won, then the chances are that the team indeed was put into proper situations and the correct plays were called, right?

In a case like that, people complaining about the play-calls only have their panties in a bunch, because the plays/direction isn't what THEY would call, period.

"But! But! He could've avoided (such and such) if he only did this!" and, "we have a right to critique!" is what we hear. Good for you. You're still eliciting an emotional response that clicks/makes sense to YOU and what you are critiquing, may still not be the correct call/decision.

TL;DR: They're the coaches and they call the shots. Stop whining and accept how things are/make the best of a situation that you have 0 control over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Our belief in him comes from his belief in us' - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-13-2022, 02:03 PM
That's our Coach - jj22 - 01-13-2022, 10:58 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-13-2022, 11:04 AM
RE: That's our Coach - JaggedJimmyJay - 01-13-2022, 11:29 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Cosmokramer - 01-13-2022, 11:42 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-13-2022, 11:49 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-13-2022, 11:49 AM
RE: That's our Coach - grampahol - 01-13-2022, 11:52 AM
RE: That's our Coach - Go Cards - 01-13-2022, 12:06 PM
RE: That's our Coach - sandwedge - 01-13-2022, 12:23 PM