Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow vs Herbert - Who do NFL sources, PFF analysts prefer long-term?
(01-13-2022, 12:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Saw this PFF article posted this morning.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-joe-burrow-justin-herbert-league-sources-media-pff-analysts-2021

It required premium subscription to read the whole thing, but a lot of it is readable without it.

For those who want a synopsis:
66% of the NFL coaches, executives, and scouts asked by PFF (over a dozen) went with Burrow.
Every front-office executive and coach they polled went with Burrow.
PFF analysts were pretty split - 52% Herbert, 48% Burrow.
Those who went with Herbert like his measurables, arm, athletic ability.
Many who chose Burrow like his "it" factor, leadership, ability to win.

It's worth noting that Burrow actually has the slightly better PFF rating this past year and over their first two seasons.

Both are going to have great careers in my opinion and I think most see this. With Herbert he clearly has the measurables as 
PFF noted but Burrow has rarer traits and he has decent measurables. Burrow can almost always find the open man if he has 
time and when he is healthy has a bit of magic with his legs that I honestly don't see with Herbert or with many QB's.

The accuracy from Burrow and the ability to throw into space so the Receiver can catch the ball in stride also really stands out
to me. Herbert has that big arm and needs big WR's who can go up for the ball like Allen and Mike Williams. Burrow can make
do with smaller WR's as we have seen with Chase.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow vs Herbert - Who do NFL sources, PFF analysts prefer long-term? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-13-2022, 04:39 PM