Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow vs Herbert - Who do NFL sources, PFF analysts prefer long-term?
(01-13-2022, 01:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only thing i'll add is, go watch the QB breakdowns from Kurt Warner. It's rare you'll see him say anything negative about Burrow's play and there are a lot of corrections when he breaks down Herbert. Something i never see from PFF or other analysts online. 

Herbert is a very good QB and his arm and athletic ability get him out of a lot of sticky situations, but that stuff doesn't last forever and it doesn't get the job done against really good defenses. Burrow has this uncanny knack of just always throwing to the right guy. There was/is a lot of talk about how you have to be patient against the Raiders defense and take what they give you and Herbert didn't do that. It took an unbelieveable string of luck/talent to convert all those 4th downs. 

Getting back to the two, when i first started watching them in 2019, i was a Herbert fan first. Big, strong, makes all the throws, moves well and Burrow looked kind of sluggish. The more i watched them, the more i started noticing that Burrow would just always find the open guy and take what was given to him instead of throwing into coverage, trying to hit big plays. 

My opinion is that Burrow has a much more sustainable game going forward. Herbert will probably always have big numbers in yards and TDs but i don't know that he's equipped to play how he needs to in big games against big teams. I believe Burrow is.

Agree, Burrow just has that "it" factor that's hard to sum up in a few words. I don't believe Herbert does.

(01-13-2022, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Herbert reminds of someone like Philip Rivers or Carson Palmer.
Will have a good career but probably not win much in the postseason.

Burrow is more like Brady in my eyes. May not lead the lead the league statistically many years but he makes calculated, accurate throws and ultimately wins more.

Agree, he's got the big arm but I'm just not so sure it's enough in the long run ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow vs Herbert - Who do NFL sources, PFF analysts prefer long-term? - bengalfan74 - 01-13-2022, 05:12 PM