Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow vs Herbert - Who do NFL sources, PFF analysts prefer long-term?
(01-13-2022, 06:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Quality over quantity.

Herbert had 152 more attempts...which is a LOT.

But looking at efficiency within those attempts?

Passer rating
Burrow - 2nd
Herbert - 12th

Comp %
Burrow - 1st
Herbert - 18th

Yards per attempt
Burrow - 1st
Herbert - 11th

Heck, Burrow averaged the same yards and TDs on 7 fewer attempts per game. 7 is a huge difference, yet Burrow produced the same? And we're wondering who the better guy is?

I really don't get why some are so hesitant about this. Our guy definitely had a more impressive season, and saying so shouldn't be perceived as homerism. Burrow would have the same bulk stats as Herbert if he hasn't missed the last week because he clinched his division. On way fewer attempts.

With the playoffs on the line, our guy threw for 446 and 4 TDs with a 148.0 rating vs the best in the AFC. Outdueled Pat Mahomes.

Herbert posted an 80.4 passer rating vs the Raiders.

Not seeing where I'm getting "carried away" by suggesting the guy with the objectively FAR more impressive game was in fact more impressive?

I think people are getting hung up on me saying Herbert "shrunk", but the point is that one guy stepped up big. Herbert's game was kinda mediocre. He threw it a ton though.

I'm not hesitant on it. I fully agree that Burrow was more efficient and would have surpassed Herbert if given close to the same opportunities.
I was just pointing out that Herbert does lead Burrow in some statistics.
Not only do I really like Burrow, but I think he was the far safer choice.
Herbert has the measurables but definitely had some things that needed to be worked on to play like he is.
I was worried he was gonna be another Mariota.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow vs Herbert - Who do NFL sources, PFF analysts prefer long-term? - ochocincos - 01-13-2022, 06:55 PM