Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marsha Blackburn Criticizes Black Judicial Nominee’s ‘Rap Sheet’ Of Speeding Tickets
Gasp!

A few things. It said "one" of the speeding tickets was for 5 mph over the limit. What about the other two? Interesting omission by the "reporter". What I do find interesting, and far more noteworthy, were this gentlemen's FTA's. The article, again great "reporting" (it is HuffPo, were "journalism" goes to die), doesn't mention how many FTA's this guy accrued. He also failed to pay his tickets because he "forgot" and ended up with a suspended license because of it. While I don't consider any of this disqualifying I do find it interesting that the article implies it being brought up is somehow outrageous or beyond the pale. If I had three speeding tickets I failed to pay and had my license suspended because of it I would lose my job, period. At the very least I'd be facing serious disciplinary action. So raising this issue in the hearing for an extremely powerful position this man will hold for life is absolutely germane and completely fair to bring up.

As for the "rap sheet" comment. I doubt many people know what rap sheet actually means and there's no evidence it was used in a deliberately incorrect fashion. I am glad to see that Corey Booker took the opportunity to race bait, kudos to the nominee for not joining Booker in that swamp.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marsha Blackburn Criticizes Black Judicial Nominee’s ‘Rap Sheet’ Of Speeding Tickets - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-13-2022, 07:12 PM