Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow vs Herbert - Who do NFL sources, PFF analysts prefer long-term?
(01-13-2022, 07:18 PM)MickMack Wrote: 66 yards and 1 TD was Herbert's advantage going into the last game with an equal number of games played.  And that was with 100 more attempts.  Herbert is very, very good.  Burrow is elite.  

Agree 100%. If I were a Chargers fan, I'd be thrilled with Herbert, especially where they got him.

I'm a Bengals fan though, and from that perspective I think there's no question we took the better player by a decent (not huge, but not insignificant) margin.

I just don't get the need to constantly compare/2nd guess when we're doing great with the guy we got. It's kinda like a 49ers fan in the mid 90s gazing longingly at Drew Bledsoe when they had Steve Young.

Bledsoe was putting up big bulky numbers on a ton of attempts and he did revive the Patriots, but obviously Steve Young was more efficient and doing bigger things.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow vs Herbert - Who do NFL sources, PFF analysts prefer long-term? - Shake n Blake - 01-13-2022, 08:03 PM