Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"F***" Paris" and some disturbing ideas.
I spend more time than I should reading through various articles online on all sorts of news sites. Some are legit and some are partisan hackery. Can't do a lot about that. What I find the most telling when I read these articles are the comment sections. It gives a feel for what people that take the time to keep up-to-date on world events think about said stories.

After the Paris attacks and the flood of articles about the Islamic State, I've noticed a few posts from African American readers that reflect a feeling in the BLM community that the media has spent sympathies on the victims of the Paris attacks that would be better directed toward the plight of blacks in the USA. There's even a catchphrase going around: "F**K Paris". A few posters even expressed sympathy for ISIS fighter, saying in a nutshell that at least they were fighting for something that mattered.

I've also noticed a real nastiness coming from the right. A black protester was beaten by security and removed from a Trump rally. Trump said that the man deserved the beating.

This brings me to my point and concern. With blacks feeling as disenfranchised as ever and willing to act against the perceived establishment, and the Islamic State in turn trying to spread it's reach in any way it can over the internet and on social media, how long before the two movements cross paths? I'd like to call this idea far fetched, but the "F**k Paris" talk made me think about it.

I think it's there's a decent possibility that these two groups will find a common enemy in the American establishment and begin working together sometime in the future. It's a scary thought, but I believe that the election of a president as nasty and derisive toward the BLM movement and just about any other minority could spark such a reaction. Lots of presidents and candidates get the Hitler comparison, but his suggestions and ideas really harken to true facism.

I think we are in dark times with little hope on the horizon.

Messages In This Thread
"F***" Paris" and some disturbing ideas. - samhain - 11-22-2015, 08:35 PM