Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If im Zac Taylor this is how I call the first drive of the game.
(01-14-2022, 10:13 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This team does not need to run first. Also, I've seen a trend where people act like the only way you can wear down a d-line is by running the ball. Pass protection is not passive, those guys go at it. The Bengals running game has been bottom of the league all year and to become a run first team in the playoffs would be an inferior choice. You're giving up possessions to try to 'wear them down'? That doesn't make any sense. You use those possessions to go score points and becoming a run first team doesn't achieve that goal as well as throwing the ball. If Oakland gives Cincinnati a light box, sure, take it, but Cincinnati does not have a good running game and it does not need to be the focus of the gameplan (and it won't be). 

Do I trust Prince to keep Crosby off of him? No, Burrow is going to get sacked. However, putting the ball in Burrow's hands with a bad line vs. putting the ball in Mixon's hands with a bad line is going to yield significantly better results. You keep the ball in Burrow's hands, he is the catalyst. I would fully expect the Bengals to throw the ball >= 60% of the time, unless they build a big lead. 

You act like Mixon never gets a 1st down. He went 123 yards, 4.1 per carry, and scored 2 touchdowns on a field that was complete shit in Vegas. Obviously, if they stack the box, you throw it. But I think they will go with a light box in order to try to neutralize our 3 WRs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If im Zac Taylor this is how I call the first drive of the game. - Sled21 - 01-14-2022, 12:34 PM