Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ja'Marr 2nd team all-pro and vote for him Pepsi ROY
(01-14-2022, 03:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hendrickson needed more tackles, probably. 34 total just isn't a whole lot. Bosa and Crosby both had over 50. I know sacks and pass rush win rates and all that, but people still do look at some of the simple stats and Hendrickson didn't have a whole lot of statistical impact outside of his sacks. In 10 of his 16 games he didn't have a single non-sack solo tackle. (I'll still gladly take that FA contract and he added a bunch to the defense, but that's not the same as All-Pro.)

Burrow was not arguably as good as Rodgers. Burrow had 3 less TDs and 10 more INTs than Rodgers. That's an enormous difference.

Chase got shafted, though. There's no reason he should have lost to Deebo. More catches, more yards, MORE than DOUBLE the amount of TDs. Only one more drop, so it can't even be that which was the deciding factor. Can't be supporting cast either, because Higgins and Boyd aren't that far ahead of Kittle and Aiyuk, that's comparative enough to not warrant handicapping Chase. Chase should have been 1st team. (EDIT: Nevermind, forgot Deebo also added 365 yards and 8 TDs rushing.)

I don't want to derail this into a Rodgers/Burrow debate, but TDs to INTs aren't the only stats

Burrow had a better comp % (1st in NFL), YPA (8.9 to 7.8 which is very significant), and 500 more yards (again, very significant), while being sacked 21 more times. There's certainly an argument to be made. I think their seasons were equally impressive. Rodgers made fewer mistakes. Burrow had more big plays.

Fair enough point on Hendrickson. I'd still give a vote to a guy with 14 sacks and who is a constant disruptive force, but maybe the oversight will keep him motivated. Same with Joey B.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ja'Marr 2nd team all-pro - pally - 01-14-2022, 02:49 PM
RE: Ja'Marr 2nd team all-pro and vote for him Pepsi ROY - Shake n Blake - 01-14-2022, 03:38 PM
RE: Ja'Marr 2nd team all-pro - Whatever - 01-14-2022, 02:45 PM