Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The "Green Bay Sweep"--One Year Later
(01-06-2022, 01:53 PM)Dill Wrote: Do any agree with McConnell, that the investigation is just partisan political theater over an unfortunate incident, a few mistaken calculations on the part of the Capitol police planning security and an unruly and undirected crowd?

I think it's all that too; at the same time, this sure is not the whole story, and not the important story.

It still is disturbing to see what was going on that day. Gallows and all. Spooky. But if everyone had agreed afterwards that it was a disturbing event, whole-heartedly condemned it as every decent person should, then it would maybe not be all that disturbing as a singular event of a bunch of lunatics, and McConnell, that smart cynical bastard, would have a fair point. He has not, for the storming isn't the lone scary part.
The much scarier thing than the insurrection attempt, imho, is the ongoing reaction of the almost entire Republican Party to that event.

That's why I'd say your democracy is very much at stake. Of course, this is mainly based on Trump setting all the steps for getting future elections overturned to his will and a whole party apparatus supporting him in that effort. Or on people just rather believing conspiracy lies they read on facebook rather than the reasonable people reasonably denying wide-spread election fraud with all democrat and quite some republican election officials, all judges, all law enforcement apparently being in on the fix. Or on Brad Raffensberger being censured and whatnot for the eternal sin of having done his duty for securing and certifying a free and fair election. Yeah, eff this guy, right. And all that can be discussed about all that is some counter-arguments like bringing up liberal hypocrisy in one or the other convoluted way, that the awful Dems politicize the event, that one comes from a partisan viewpoint etc etc, all that deflecting and false equivalencies and side-battles; the route cynical, yet not converted McConnell goes. While this is actually going on and your people just shrug. Half of the country doesn't care, and many are actively rooting for replacing democracy with following Trump's will. Just imagine what a smart guy could do with that kind of opportunity.

The eventy of January 6, as bad as they were, imho pale in comparison.

(01-14-2022, 05:16 PM)Dill Wrote: However, I am not sure the Proud Boys push into the Capitol was part of the Green Bay Sweep. 

According to Peter Navarro, it was not. I've seen an interview with him where he seemed real pissed at the Capitol stormers for ruining the Green Bay sweep, which had something to do with Pence and the electors count.

Oh yeah, I might add former Trump officials openly debating coup attempts on TV and nothing really happening in reaction to that on the list.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Green Bay Sweep"--One Year Later - hollodero - 01-15-2022, 12:13 AM