Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The OL deserves a high five today
(01-16-2022, 11:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Malik Wright has inside sources with the team, and he has already said they’re making some moves on the OL this offseason. Even after re-signing our own FA’s we’re going to have the money to add a couple decent starters (or even one high end guy).

I'm a lot less down on Hopkins.  It's pretty apparent now that his poor play early was injury-related.  I'd like to see a better center at some point, but after watching this team struggle to find them even when spending a first rounder on one, I'm reluctant to move on from a guy that's getting it done.  

My conclusion is that they should back up a Brink's truck for another tackle.  A really good RT would do a lot for this line, and could likely help cover up and shortcomings that Adeniji or Carman might have while continuing to develop.  

The line is better, but I still have visions of Andrew Luck when I think of Burrow's long-term prospects.  He's pretty reckless when it comes to taking hits and has a real drive to hold onto the ball waiting for plays to develop.  He's going to need better protection if that does not change, or else we're looking at a short career for a what looks like an elite qb.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The OL deserves a high five today - samhain - 01-16-2022, 12:14 PM