Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compromised OL Off season plan
(01-14-2022, 01:46 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I think Uzomah is fine at TE because it’s tough to justify spending $ or a high pick on a TE.
There just won’t be enough targets for him to be worth it.  You already have to feed the ball to 3 very good WRs and Mixon. I think a guy like Uzomah who can make plays when called on but doesn’t have to get a lot of targets is a good fit.
Now I would love to have a Andrews or a Kelce at TE but he would not put up his normal numbers here and thus be a bit of a waste of money to me.  Would rather see an OL in FA (and a couple in the draft)

If memory serves back in 2005 we had some pretty good receivers and a TE made of glass, but had a good season.. I like CJ, make no bones about it, but a really great pass catching TE couldn't hurt us in the least.. Who knows? There might be a stud TE just sitting lower in the draft or even an up and comer as a CFA waiting to be had.. Draft "guru's" are far from always being right about players. As I've often said, the last job in the world I'd want is to have to predict the fortunes of a lot of young men..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Compromised OL Off season plan - phil413 - 12-31-2021, 12:14 PM
RE: Compromised OL Off season plan - grampahol - 01-16-2022, 02:08 PM
RE: Compromised OL Off season plan - Au165 - 01-12-2022, 06:23 PM
RE: Compromised OL Off season plan - J24 - 02-16-2022, 01:17 AM