Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Analyzing the raider game and going forward
(01-16-2022, 03:01 PM)Whacked Wrote: I’m going to get hazed for this but I wasn’t impressed w Mixon at all.

He is so hot and cold to me.

Sometimes, I think he is too “big” to be nifty. Dude is built but when I see these shifty nifty little dudes change direction - ON A DIME - and finding holes —I get a little jelly we don’t have someone like that.  

I feel like he has holes created and runs through then but rarely creates great plays on his own.

I also think Mixon falls down a lot.

I am not hating on him - I just think he is “good” at best on his strong days.

Yes. I realize the Oline isn’t great.

Start the hate. Here we go. Lol.

I don't disagree with you but I do feel like better line play can remedy a lot.

If they add pieces in the off season and he's still getting lined up like he is now I'm gonna be pissed.

He shouldn't have to line up so far back to get a yard, foot, inches.  Those crucial things you want to see out of your premier back.

Sometimes Mixon gets the ball and goes.  Most of the time he dances and tries to stutter step even on screen passes.

He needs to be coached up in my opinion.  He has the tools.  I think a lot is in his head and years or crappy talent/blocking in front of him.

When he gets the ball, his shift of balance often tips forward on his runs causing him to trip up and sometimes get knocked down with hand tackles.

That limits his explosive plays or runs that could potentially turn into long TDs.

Before people roast me on this, realize that I recognize his talent and am merely making some observations.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Analyzing the raider game and going forward - BengalsRocker - 01-16-2022, 03:40 PM