Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Analyzing the raider game and going forward
(01-16-2022, 03:30 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We do, that's Evans, they need to use him more, but Perine is the #2 who is the clone of Mixon. Evans had a couple of runs and did well I believe, sometimes the nifty guy is more suitable to play than your #1 guy, but the coach makes the call. That's why Brooks & Woods were the best RB combo.

Nailed it on Evans. I miss Gio for this reason but we didn’t use him well either. They gave Gio a lot of plays that you do a bigger beast sized bell cow.

(01-16-2022, 03:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I don't disagree with you but I do feel like better line play can remedy a lot.

If they add pieces in the off season and he's still getting lined up like he is now I'm gonna be pissed.

He shouldn't have to line up so far back to get a yard, foot, inches.  Those crucial things you want to see out of your premier back.

Sometimes Mixon gets the ball and goes.  Most of the time he dances and tries to stutter step even on screen passes.

He needs to be coached up in my opinion.  He has the tools.  I think a lot is in his head and years or crappy talent/blocking in front of him.

When he gets the ball, his shift of balance often tips forward on his runs causing him to trip up and sometimes get knocked down with hand tackles.

That limits his explosive plays or runs that could potentially turn into long TDs.

Before people roast me on this, realize that I recognize his talent and am merely making some observations.

Spot on. Well-stated.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Analyzing the raider game and going forward - Whacked - 01-16-2022, 03:44 PM