Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Playoff win extra detail for mike brown
(01-17-2022, 02:20 AM)kronadon Wrote: So correct me if I am wrong, but not only is this the Bengals first playoff win since 91 isn’t it Mike Browns first playoff win as owner? I was only 15 in 91 but as I remember mike did not assume ownership of the team until Paul died. That detail was lost on me until now.

Paul Brown died August 5th 1991 yes sir..  Mike has taken more crap than any 84 year old ever should over a game, but he's turning out alright in my book.  I can imagine it's a bit of a bitter sweet moment for him in the respect that it happened the same number of years as his dad died, but that would have been true last year, the year before and the year before and the year before and the year before and the year before and the year before and the year before.......
What a lot of football fans may never realize has been Mike Brown's utterly understated impact he has had on the fortunes of everyone in the game. He is one of the very few select people responsible for them all getting so filthy rich off the NFL.. He is a Yale University trained lawyer after all.. Paul made sure of that much..  Most other owners can only dream of having such an impact.. Snyder stands in the shadow of Mike Brown's turds in that respect..So does the brown's owner whatisface flying J boy.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Playoff win extra detail for mike brown - grampahol - 01-17-2022, 02:30 AM
THANK YOU MIKE BROWN! - BFritz21 - 01-17-2022, 08:01 AM