Poll: Who will be remembered more favorably if ZT’s coaching ended today.
Marvin Lewis
Zac Taylor
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who will be remembered more- ZT or Marvin
I value Zac winning the first playoff game in 30+ seasons, but I cannot overlook the pros for voting Marvin:

- Ended the '90s embarrassment (along with Palmer, Chad, and other talented players)
- Coached the team for 16 seasons (It's not Marvin's fault if Brown was overly loyal)
- Had a winning record
- Won 131 games
- Ended the drought of the team not making the playoffs or having a possibility of contending for a post season spot

I think Zac has an opportunity to exceed Marvin with the playoff win as the obvious starting point. He still has a shot at this season for more playoff wins and a Super Bowl. If Zac can keep doing what he is, he can climb the franchise coaching win list.

Regarding ownership investing more dollars in free agents under Zac than Marvin, it is a fair point to consider when comparing the two coaches; however, it should not be an isolated factor and the only factor when comparing the two coaches. It's Dead Horse to think it's the only difference between the two. For all we know, Zac influenced ownership to spend the dollars and Marvin wasn't capable of leveraging his status within the organization to make it happen. Although, I suspect Mike Brown has diminished control and that is why the free agency spending is taking place.

Anyhow, if Zac never coached for the Bengals again and the Raiders win was his last Bengals moment, my vote goes to Lewis. I speculate in the long run Zac is going to build an exceptional case for best Bengals coach ever.

Edit: Agreed with fred's take that having Burrow gives Zac an advantage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who will be remembered more- ZT or Marvin - TecmoBengals - 01-17-2022, 12:54 PM