Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great questions on offense today in Presser
(01-17-2022, 12:58 PM)Nepa Wrote: I thought this quote was insightful as well:

"When you’ve got a quarterback who has such a good understanding of what works against certain defensive looks, how does that affect what you do as a play caller?"

"It helps me. You can call trust me. There’s a lot of things I call where he protects the call, either by just checking it down or changing the play or not wasting a shot. We’re showing the shot that we called and he just manages it in several different ways. I don’t need to get into all of them. But that gives me the confidence to really be able to call anything and know that he’s going to get you the best option on the play."

I think Zac calls 2 plays. One of the reasons Joe likes Zac’s system so much is since Zac was a highly successful QB in college they think alike. It’s only going to get better as those 2 together will be always on the same page and see the game the same way. It’s going to be like I saw an interview with Steve Martin and Martin Short. They finish each other’s sentences all the time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great questions on offense today in Presser - Soonerpeace - 01-17-2022, 03:00 PM