Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I'm officially done with the GD thread
(01-18-2022, 12:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: There's a reason I hate going to bars to watch a football game. No matter what city or bar I am in, there is always that guy. You know, the guy that is the loudest in the bar, but apparently knows the least about football. I'm not the most knowledgeable person in the room, but if I don't understand a concept I'm not screaming about it. What I've found is "that guy" also inhabits Game Day threads.

This is how I approach understanding game day thread takes, the drunk bar guy is always ever-present. There will be people with instant hot takes since they are watching the game unfold in real time & some of those hot takes come off as that of the overly drunken guy at the local dive bar. Meanwhile, there are also people posting as homers or making patiently analytically-driven posts not reacting to the immediate game moments. I don't invest much energy in caring how people decide to post. It is kind of annoying when the pissing contest starts because people don't want to admit to being wrong or think their approach to posting is the right way.

I also don't keep up with the posts because I'm trying to watch the game. I suppose I cannot multi-task as an NFL viewer.  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm officially done with the GD thread - TecmoBengals - 01-18-2022, 12:32 PM