Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I'm officially done with the GD thread
(01-18-2022, 11:20 AM)jj22 Wrote: If you can't take the gameday thread don't stop in. A Bengals game is emotional for most fans. The ups and downs in real time are real feelings. That's what makes the GD thread great. I don't get the issue people have with it. Outside of taking shots at those because we are in the middle of a great season. It's going to take more than 1 great season to get people to stop having flashbacks and panicking. That should be expected given the history and trauma we have experienced. Some overly optimistic posters want to act like there is no trauma and 1 great season should erase all those feelings. I think it's lame honestly to not acknowledge that as you bask in the one season optimism was justified to slam those who may be slow to let our guard down.

After 3 winning seasons and playoff victories if people still have those fears of letdowns then maybe stepping up on a high horse is justified. But until then, the panic and fear of a letdown shouldn't be slammed.

You were right in your optimism Philhos, but handle being right with a little more class and understanding as to why many were much more guarded.

I tend to agree with this. I completely get it phil. But I do think in this case our fans deserve smoe slack for thinking the sky if=s falling. How many freaking times have we all seen it fall apart. If you sit here and tell me not once during that game you were not thinking oh shit here we go I don't buy it frankly. I may not have said it out loud or typed it but I was nervous as F! And rightfully so after 30 years and watching us implode several times in several playoff games. And I get that this isnt "that" team argument. But if they would have imploded they would have been "that" team all over again and that is a show we have also seen. 

So I definitely say gotta cut em some slack. It's like going into a serious relationship when you have been cheated on and treated like crap for the last 30 years. Or adopting a battered dog. It takes a while to build that trust back up that everyone and everything is not out to ruin you life and hurt you. Its okay Bengals fans! We won a game! Life can be cool I promise! :)

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm officially done with the GD thread - CloeHokie - 01-18-2022, 12:37 PM