Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I'm officially done with the GD thread
(01-18-2022, 11:47 AM)Au165 Wrote: Favorite Lines from GD Thread

"Why didn't he throw the ball away?!" - He was in the pocket and you can't just launch it, plus any time it leaves your hand with pressure around you you risk an interception, see Murray last night on the pick six.

"Great play call throwing a check down on 3rd down" - You can't see in the All 22 view and YOU probably don't know how to work through the progressions to know where he was going with it anyways. I can guarantee the check down wasn't his primary option.

"Oh look our defense sucks again!" - Defense is hard in the NFL as the rules all favor the offense. All defenses give up points and anytime we do we don't automatically suck. You can do your job perfectly and the offense can still gain yards because good offensive calls will always beat good defensive ones.

"Here comes the collapse" - See above, just because they pick up a first down does not mean the world is ending.

"The play calling is so bad" - Let's be honest you don't know anything about football schematics beyond Madden to even know what good/bad is.

"We should have ran/passed" -
This one is always funny because exact same situation multiple times each week you will see guys screaming it was obvious we should have ran, or passed, in that situation because frankly everyone has an opinion but few are actually based on any sort of high level football knowledge, especially as it relates to opponent schemes.
This one I have issue with. At the end of the game and this goes for every game why play to their situation? Here is what I mean. The entire stadium, fans, announcers, everyone knows this to be true. The other team needs us to go 3 and out. They need us to run the ball and they can use their time outs to get the ball back and have a chance to win. That's great. Why are we doing EXACTLY what they need to win? I don't like it when we give the other team what they want and have to have happen to win the game. Go outside of that. Especially with burrow. Win the game. Don't feed into their only chance. So in those scenarios like the end of our game. (Burrow even admitted they were just trying to take time off the clock) I am definitely yelling at the tv and I definitely know what I'm talking about 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm officially done with the GD thread - CloeHokie - 01-18-2022, 01:37 PM