Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I'm officially done with the GD thread
(01-18-2022, 02:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: I guess it's just difficult for me to process it that way.  The coach isn't the same as those letdown teams.  The vast majority of the players aren't, either.  Why would I expect a letdown just because a previous core of players/coaches had a letdown?  

I suppose I'm a bit odd in that my feelings on various Bengals squads through the years are fairly well compartmentalized.  All those feelings of playoff disappointment were associated with Marvin and the Carson/Chad and Andy/AJ cores.  With those gone, those feelings also ceased to be associated with the club.  While I was obviously very happy we beat the Raiders, I didn't have a big emotional weight lifted off because I don't associate the current club with 31 years of futility.  

The whole thing seems odd to me.  It's like your old girlfriend left you so you sit around and make yourself miserable expecting your new girlfriend to leave you.

You listed 20 years of players. We were dumb enough to stick with a coach. We went through 2 quarterbacks. 

If this team did lose they would immediately be listed with those teams agree? So they were but that far away. The facts are until you win one you are what you are. And if we lost this team would be lumped right in with the rest you listed. That's why this win is so huge.

And it's not one girlfriend  it's your last 7 over 30 years. They all cheated you. Hard to trust the next girl
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm officially done with the GD thread - CloeHokie - 01-18-2022, 02:20 PM