Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I'm officially done with the GD thread
(01-18-2022, 02:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO the "So what" is the constant bytching makes it difficult for those that want to discuss the game at hand to do so. 

Too many enter the gameday with agendas. IE...

I want Zac Taylor fired so I'm gojng to focus of everything that fits my agenda, even if I have to push the envelope on some of it.

I've been disappointed in the past with the Bengals so I'm going in thinking they'll lose and I'll to look for everything to assure me I'm right.

So and so is just too optimistic, I'm going to look for everything I can find to curb his optimism

I've been a regular in the gameday threads as far back as talking with Joe from Flo. We didn't always agree, but we talked about the game at hand. This year I quit the gameday about halfway into the season because folk go there to validate their agendas instead of discussing the game at hand.

I forgot Joe from Flo existed until just now.  

I rarely post in the GD thread because i prefer to send my pessimistic messages out via SMS.  

However, isn't the inverse of this approach also true?  There's a good chunk of us (definitely not me) looking to prove Eli Apple is good.  I would imagine the GD thread was all over it when he was gifted that Big Ben int a couple months ago...lots of "I told you so's"

I don't see anything wrong with ignoring people if you don't like what they have to say.  Quitting something because you don't like or agree with some people's opinions is more of a reflection of you, isn't it?  (No not you personally, bfine).  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm officially done with the GD thread - basballguy - 01-18-2022, 02:41 PM