Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I'm officially done with the GD thread
GameDay threads have always had 2 sides: people who want to chill and chat about the game is a positive manner, and those who use it as a spot to vent their Bengals PTSD every time something bad happens.

Maybe it's worse now? But I know for sure it's nothing new.

The problem isn't that these 2 sides exist, it's that one side is completely intolerant of the other. I could be wrong, but I've never seen a "negative" guy cussing out someone for just being too positive.

All the toxicity and intolerance seems to come from the people who can't stand negativity in there. Its so funny, out of all the places in here where I expect rational, sane takes, GameDay is the LAST place I'd go for that.

So why are people continually surprised/angry about it? To where it's become a weekly topic in Jungle Noise? I'll admit I was irritated when I saw people saying the defense was trash when we'd held a solid Raiders team to 19 points in a playoff game. But then I was like "oh yeah...GameDay".

If people bring those idiotic emotion-fueled takes to JN, by all means tear into them. But they usually don't. So if they leave most of those dumb takes in GD, why can't the rest of you leave your bitterness there as well? So the rest of us don't have to read about it?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm officially done with the GD thread - Shake n Blake - 01-18-2022, 09:09 PM