Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders Interested in Bengals Personnel
(01-18-2022, 10:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: They are like compensatory picks.
I pray they hire him!
(01-18-2022, 10:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: They are comp picks. Teams hiring don’t lose picks as that would discourage them from hiring minority candidates. This is just to encourage teams to give minority coaches lower roles to help develop more quality candidates for HC/GM jobs when they become available.

Overall I don’t see many teams passing up on stealing a quality coach/FO exec because a rival will get a couple of late 3rd round picks. In bfine’s scenario we’d be hurting them by taking a talent from their organization but giving they get a couple of comp picks to make up for it. Seems like a push at best. When you look at the success rates of 3rd round comp picks it would probably still work out in the hiring teams favor to steal a known commodity from their franchise.
I agree that it would be stupid to take away picks, but it's the NFL, so I didn't want to put it past them!

That's AMAZING!

Sure, scouts are valuable and I know they have more of a job now than they did back when Mike Brown was still was the final say in pretty much everything and didn't listen to anybody, but a third round pick would be MORE than worth, so TWO is a NO-BRAINER!

This could go a long way in improving the offensive line and filling up the other missing pieces we have!

Take care of the offensive line first and maybe even spend a few early picks on good depth/developmental guys (if we do indeed get two extra thirds), and spend the rest on defense. It doesn't have to be in that order, either. 
(01-18-2022, 10:29 PM)Synric Wrote: There are a limited number of Comp picks and draft picks all together. Other teams will lose opportunities for comp picks and others will get theirs pushed down.

You can find good picks later in drafts sometimes but, if we're getting an extra third or TWO, you can keep the late round comp picks!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raiders Interested in Bengals Personnel - BFritz21 - 01-19-2022, 12:50 AM