Poll: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
(01-19-2022, 02:52 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm torn on this one. 

I love Sam and Forrest was a helluva coach. They both took teams to the SB, but neither won and they only had 5 winning seasons between them. Marvin led 5 straight trips to the playoffs, which was a pretty damn impressive feat, but also failed miserably in the postseason 7 times. 

I think there's legitimate arguments both ways on this.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you. I don't see a single thing in his favor. Longevity shouldn't be a criteria for getting in. If it was, there would be a number of players that played a long time but didn't really do anything of significance. 

As far as coaches go, a SB win should be the standard, so as much as i liked Gregg and Wyche, they haven't done enough to get in either. 

Unfortunately, the bar is really low for this Bengals organization due to the relative "lack" of success over 50+ years. That's the only reason Marv would be debated. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day? - rfaulk34 - 01-19-2022, 01:25 PM