Poll: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
By comparison just look at UK Basketball. Tubby Smith coached there for I think 9 years and won a National Championship in his first season. But the Championship was won with Rick Pitino's players. After that his teams were good, they always went to the NCAA tournament but usually didn't get far. And by the time he was fired most everyone was glad to see him go. Most people liked him and appreciated him but he just wasn't getting the job done, they lost to Vanderbilt four games in a row, which meant that two of those games were in Rupp Arena.

Fast forward to this season 13 years after leaving UK his current team High Point came to Rupp for a game and UK hung a banner for Tubby in the rafters at UK. There are some big time names up there and no one seemed to object to Tubby being there although I doubt when he left UK people would have been thrilled about it. It only shows how opinions and feelings change over time. I think most people will feel the same about Marvin over time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day? - BengalRed - 01-19-2022, 02:06 PM