Poll: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
(01-19-2022, 01:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm gonna have to disagree with you. I don't see a single thing in his favor. Longevity shouldn't be a criteria for getting in. If it was, there would be a number of players that played a long time but didn't really do anything of significance. 

As far as coaches go, a SB win should be the standard, so as much as i liked Gregg and Wyche, they haven't done enough to get in either. 

Unfortunately, the bar is really low for this Bengals organization due to the relative "lack" of success over 50+ years. That's the only reason Marv would be debated. 

Like I said, I'm kind of torn on it. I do think there are some things in his favor, even though I was very critical his last 5 years here.

I will say though, the one negative that REALLY stands out for me...more than the playoff or primetime issues, was his record against the Steelers and especially at home. Those games at PBS were generally so bad, it was embarrassing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day? - Bengalholic - 01-19-2022, 02:07 PM