Poll: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
(01-19-2022, 02:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Should the head coach who has coached twice as many games as any other coach in Bengals history, has more than twice as many wins as any other coach in Bengals history, has led this team to the most post season appearances in Bengals history, who has the most division championships in Bengals history, who has the 3rd highest winning percentage and the highest win percentage since 1984 be in the ring of honor?

If he doesn't deserve to be in the ring of honor, that would mean no coach should be in.

Marvin brought change to the org.  He brought the team from the dark 90s to being relevant.  But, I really think it's the wrong take to look at number of wins or other stats skewed by volume.  Just because he was there for what felt like a lifetime doesn't mean it's because he was another Belichick.  When it comes to ROH, I'd be wildly stingy on coaches.  I want to see SB wins for a coach to be on there.  Forrest and Wyche I'd consider due to getting to the SB, but I'm not even sure I'd put them in any time soon.  If any coaches, they're the only two I'd go with at this point. 

The thing to me is that there are only so many spaces in a ROH.  It's got to be a super high bar in my mind, not just every person we've felt good about over the years for one reason or another.  Lots of loved players that aren't necessarily "worthy" of a ROH, also remembering this isn't just about the past, but leaving space for the future as well.  It's the highest of rewards the team can bestow.  For me, and I love what Marvin did in Cincinnati, I wouldn't put him in. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day? - MileHighGrowler - 01-19-2022, 03:06 PM