Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roster update 1/19 DT Zach Kerr signed
(01-19-2022, 12:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: No one off the street was ever going to be the answer. Reader and Hill will start with Topou backing up Reader and Wren/Kerr/? backing up Hill. You probably have Shelvin up too because of Topou coming off injury and then Sample is your flex 6th DT. People have seriously over exaggerated how big a deal the loss of Larry was, also Daniels who hasn't really even played other than 18, to the impact of this game this week. This game will be won based off of Reader holding the point of attack and the LB's filling gaps. Hill to Larry is basically a lateral move so I seriously don't have any concerns there other than hopefully the back ups can give him a breather as needed.

Update: just pulled PFF ratings and they have Hill far superior, especially in run defense where he is 20 points better than Larry. BJ Hill is actually the 24th rated interior DL player league wide in run defense so it may actually benefit us to have him out there next to Reader for this game.

Truth. BJ Hill has had a very good season and arguably a better one than Ogunjobi. Daniels had one good game against the 
Browns here and the Steelers last year but that is about all he has shown as a Bengal honestly. Our starters with Reader and
Hill might be better than Reader and Ogunjobi and it isn't even a funny statement. I like the Kerry grab too.

If Trey is ready to go I am picking us to win this game. My biggest concern was the DT situation depth means. This is over 
now if Trey can help the pass rush when the Titans use their Play Action.

Slow down the run and keep the Titans out of the Endzone and we win 2 Playoff games in a row.

(01-19-2022, 12:46 PM)pally Wrote: It has been driving me nuts listening to media talk about Mike Daniels as the same level of loss as Ogunjobi.  He played with the 2nd string week 18 and played Saturday but got hurt on the first series so it is not like he has contributed much this season other than on the scout team.  An important job for sure but his injury is a depth problem not a game-changing problem.  Taking a minute to look at the Bengals depth chart would have answered a lot of their questions

But they recognize his name, I get it,  but man it ignores BJ Hill and the season he has had.

Yes, Mike Daniels is just a name at this point, damn good person too, but he isn't on par with BJ Hill by any means as a DT.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: roster update 1/19 DT Zach Kerr signed - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-19-2022, 04:36 PM