Poll: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
(01-19-2022, 04:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lots of excuses here. Any time you lose, it's easy to find some valid looking excuses.

In the end, he had 7 (!) cracks at it and couldn't get it done.

Most of those guys (all?) have Super Bowls on their resumes though.

The strike year hurt Sam's overall record. He was playing with scabs and didn't even bother installing his sugar huddle or most of his offense.

Take away that year and he was over .500 (57-55 with a Super Bowl and several playoff wins on his resume. That's worthy.

I don't see anyone else as worthy other than Paul Brown, and that's simply because he's the founder.

Yeah, but if we play 'if's and but's' then you have to take away Marvin's year without Carson...which means his record is actually 127-111-2. You would also have to discount the 2005 and 2015 playoff games because he didn't have his starting QB. It doesn't work like that though, at least IMO. Your final numbers are what they are. 

I love Sam, I respect Marvin...but Forrest may be more qualified than both...and I don't know that he gets in either. 

Until a Bengals HC wins a SB, I don't really see a coach in the ring, outside of Paul of course.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day? - Bengalholic - 01-19-2022, 05:11 PM