Poll: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
(01-19-2022, 05:03 PM)jason Wrote: I wonder how many coaches are in other teams' Rings of Honor for just making a Super Bowl... I'm definitely a Sam Wyche fan, and I think I think more highly of Marvin than many, but I wouldn't put either of them in. Honestly I wouldn't put but a few more guys in in the near future... Boomer, Dillon, Chad, Curtis. I'm sure there's an obvious ommission on my part, but I'd keep it pretty exclusive.

Agreed. We have enough guys with legendary careers to fill it out. No need to scrape.

(01-19-2022, 05:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, but if we play 'if's and but's' then you have to take away Marvin's year without Carson...which means his record is actually 127-111-2. You would also have to discount the 2005 and 2015 playoff games because he didn't have his starting QB. It doesn't work like that though, at least IMO. Your final numbers are what they are. 

I love Sam, I respect Marvin...but Forrest may be more qualified than both...and I don't know that he gets in either. 

Until a Bengals HC wins a SB, I don't really see a coach in the ring, outside of Paul of course.

Injuries are part of the game though, holic.

Coaching a bunch of plumbers and mechanics against some teams that have actual players is not. It wasn't even actual NFL football for much of that year.

Even if you count that, his resume is still better than Marv's. We'll always remember 1988 and even 1990. What is Marv's iconic moment or year? What was his crowning achievement?

I'll agree that - maybe - no coach is worthy, but I'd certainly throw Sam in before Marv.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day? - Shake n Blake - 01-19-2022, 07:03 PM