Poll: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day?
(01-19-2022, 07:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Injuries are part of the game though, holic.

Coaching a bunch of plumbers and mechanics against some teams that have actual players is not. It wasn't even actual NFL football for much of that year.

Even if you count that, his resume is still better than Marv's. We'll always remember 1988 and even 1990. What is Marv's iconic moment or year? What was his crowning achievement?

I'll agree that - maybe - no coach is worthy, but I'd certainly throw Sam in before Marv.

Yeah brother, but every coach had to deal with 'plumbers and mechanics' to different extents for 3 games. Only 15% crossed the picket line, and he only went 3-9 with regular players. Not sure how Sam can get a special exemption for that.

On Marvin's achievements...I would say 5 straight playoffs appearances and 7 in a 10 year stretch is pretty impressive, especially given the franchises history. Being able to bring this franchise out of the dark ages and back into relevance is something that some will dismiss, but it was a monumental task and he pulled it of.

Of course, the failures are glaring too, and they have to be taken into account and I've been very critical of them over the years. When you look at all the coaches. outside of Paul, I think I'm becoming more convinced that none of them are deserving of the ring.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Marvin Lewis be in the Ring of Honor some day? - Bengalholic - 01-19-2022, 07:18 PM