Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Threads from the Enemy, divisional playoffs: Titans
(01-21-2022, 01:10 AM)BigStripedCat Wrote: The below is in response to "Is it just me or do others expect the Titans to blow-out the Bengals?"

"I’m kind of leaning more towards this as well.  Maybe not blowout, but a pretty strong double-digit victory.

On the match ups that matter most, the Titans have a distinct advantage.

The things the Bengals want to do, the Titans are built to disrupt.  
The things the Bengals have problems with, the Titans are built to exploit.

Meanwhile, the Bengals are not really built to exploit the Titans deficiencies.

Its the Divisional rounds and there are no easy games.  And the Titans can ABSOLUTELY screw the pooch.

But even the intelligent prognosticators out there are all starting to pick the Titans as the initial Burrow Lust fades a bit."

Some contradictory stats that jump out at me are:
Bengals offense is top 10 in passing yards of plays for 20+ and 40+ yards, while Titans pass D is bottom 10 in both of these

Titans offense has 5th ranked rushing yards on the season, Bengals rush defense is ranked 5th

And if you say 'Aha, I've gotcha! If you look at what really matters, YPC, the Bengals defense drops way down to 16th!', my response is, sure but let's be consistent. See where the Titans drop to when you do the same for their rush offense YPC: a lowly 21st.

They have a set of bottom 5 dbs in the NFL.. I dont get how they don't see this as a dis advantage. Higgins,  Boyd and  Chase are gonna destroy them...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads from the Enemy, divisional playoffs: Titans - Tony - 01-21-2022, 01:18 AM