Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WHY AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME POSSIBLE FOR BENGALS
(01-17-2022, 11:56 AM)M.W. Wrote: Honestly I WOULD feel better about this game than the Raiders game IF we didn't see all those defensive linemen go down.  Henderickson and Oger would be major defensive losses. At least Shelvin is enormous so in theory he should at least block a gap...

That being said... If the OL gives Joe time and can open a running lane or two the Bengals offense can score on nearly every drive.

Oger?  Made me laugh.  At least they get Hendrickson back.

Shelvin is enormous, but in the limited action I'm seeing with him, he has trouble shedding blocks and seems to get tied up with his blocker and can't disengage to make the tackle.  I am glad they signed Kerr as he seems like a solid rotational piece to give Reader a blow now and then.  

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Reader at 3T a few snaps NEXT to Shelvin or Kerr.  That's almost 700 lbs in the middle and we have very capable run-stuffing ends and LBs with speed to get to the edge.  

I have said it before that stopping the run is all about attitude.  The defense will come out strong.  I have no doubts. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WHY AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME POSSIBLE FOR BENGALS - SHRacerX - 01-21-2022, 09:56 AM