Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Vaccine Mandates: Biden & Dems Hypocrites?
(01-21-2022, 08:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I support people questioning science.  What I find bitterly amusing are people who smugly question science on one specific aspect while trusting Alex Jones and Tucker Carlson. 

It's rather self serving.  Like me suddenly caring about the treatment of impoverished Africans only when I'm at a jewelry store trying convince my fiance it isn't the price of the diamond that is the problem. 

I don't know who Alex Jones is.  I'm guessing he's a news guy since you mentioned him in the same sentence as the Fox guy.  I don't watch either of them (or any news personality for that matter) but I'm sure if we got down to the nuts and bolts its not them manifesting the arguments, but they are regurgitating what an "expert" said.  Anyone and everyone can find an expert to fit their agenda.  

(01-21-2022, 09:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: Your CPR point is actually a perfect example why you and many others aren't really qualified to question the science or speak on it, which is really the larger issue in all of this. While science does evolve and change, the vaccine pushback is based on pseudo science bullshit and misunderstandings of the science behind the vaccine as a whole. About a decade ago guidelines came out for compression only CPR which created a bit of misunderstanding and misinformation about the effectiveness and use of rescue breaths. 

There were a couple issues with standard CPR that were causing people not to perform CPR at all. One of the main issues was that people didn't want to actually put there mouths on other people, even as they died. The other issue was that people didn't know what to do and thought they could hurt the victim worse by messing up all the steps. Studies showed that in many cases you could get away with hands only CPR and be about as effective for the patient if it occurred within the first few minutes. This was what drove ADDING hands only CPR as a way to perform CPR because it eliminated barriers and would hopefully prompt more people to help strangers. That said, you are still supposed to provide rescue breaths and compressions in multiple cases including people who were drowning, overdosed, have been without oxygen for a while or are children.

(01-21-2022, 09:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: Your CPR point is actually a perfect example why you and many others aren't really qualified to question the science or speak on it, which is really the larger issue in all of this. While science does evolve and change, the vaccine push back is based on pseudo science bullshit and misunderstandings of the science behind the vaccine as a whole. About a decade ago guidelines came out for compression only CPR which created a bit of misunderstanding and misinformation about the effectiveness and use of rescue breaths. 

There were a couple issues with standard CPR that were causing people not to perform CPR at all. One of the main issues was that people didn't want to actually put there mouths on other people, even as they died. The other issue was that people didn't know what to do and thought they could hurt the victim worse by messing up all the steps. Studies showed that in many cases you could get away with hands only CPR and be about as effective for the patient if it occurred within the first few minutes. This was what drove ADDING hands only CPR as a way to perform CPR because it eliminated barriers and would hopefully prompt more people to help strangers. That said, you are still supposed to provide rescue breaths and compressions in multiple cases including people who were drowning, overdosed, have been without oxygen for a while or are children.

This is wonderful information!  Thanks for sharing.  

However, the fact that you chose to focus on this instead of the real valid point I was attempting to make really saddens me.  I'm not a scientist or a doctor but that doesn't make the point any less valid.  

All i'm saying is for people to be attacked because another science person disagrees with the popular science opinion is obnoxious and there are plenty of examples where "science" has been wrong.  

To be clear, I'm not saying whether vaccines work or not.  I'm saying we shouldn't be shocked people question the "science" after all these years and to stop being condescending pricks to people because they do.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vaccine Mandates: Biden & Dems Hypocrites? - basballguy - 01-21-2022, 11:33 AM