Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Vaccine Mandates: Biden & Dems Hypocrites?
(01-21-2022, 11:33 AM)basballguy Wrote: I don't know who Alex Jones is.  I'm guessing he's a news guy since you mentioned him in the same sentence as the Fox guy.  I don't watch either of them (or any news personality for that matter) but I'm sure if we got down to the nuts and bolts its not them manifesting the arguments, but they are regurgitating what an "expert" said.  Anyone and everyone can find an expert to fit their agenda.  

I'm not talking specifically about you.  I'm saying that it is interesting how questioning science for many has recently come up and it is specifically geared towards questioning covid and vaccines...it's all a bit convenient and seems rather short-sighted and self-serving.

I know a woman who believes covid is a government conspiracy and doctors are being paid/threatened to kill the unvaccinated, and big pharma is in on it, and the vaccine is either useless or will kill you and blah blah blah.  This same woman had a knee replacement about a year ago.  She didn't accuse the orthopedic surgeon of trying to kill her, she didn't say that her knee was fine and the big artificial knee lobby was behind it all, she didn't accuse the artificial knee of having a tracking chip in it, she didn't refuse medication for the pain, she didn't refuse to use a walker for a month afterwards and so on.  She also "questions" vaccines but is exceedingly accepting and trusting of monoclonal antibodies and other treatments that I'd say were sanctioned by her political party.

Question science....yes.  Be inordinately and uneducatedly dismissive of one specific aspect of science you've been specifically primed to distrust?  Meh...that is hardly the type of thinking I'm going to applaud.  There is a difference between actual research methodology and serving your own biased ego.

tl;dr - Questioning science isn't the same thing as choosing to not believe what doesn't fit your viewpoint.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to explain to my mechanic who thinks masks make covid worse why brake fluid actually makes my car's brakes worse and my car should pass inspection because I'm sick of paying to get it fixed, I wish I lived in Ohio!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vaccine Mandates: Biden & Dems Hypocrites? - Nately120 - 01-21-2022, 11:49 AM